Monday, September 29, 2008

So Long, Angela Davis!

As some of you know, I went natural and chopped all my hair off in April. I never planned on staying chemical free...just wanted to give my hair a break. I just had to decide when to go back to straight hair. After some thought, I decided it was time. So here I am in April after the big chop:



Here I am last week after my first relaxer in six months:

Forgive my junky bedroom but you can see here how much it grew in five months.
Overall I'm happy with how much it grew. I know if I were a bit more patient, I could have gotten it a bit longer. The less heat and chemicals I use the better but for now I can do some other stress free hairdos (twists, waves, etc.) to keep it healthy and get it closer to the length I want.
Almost everyone (except me) was sad to see my baby fro go. I was more Jill Scott (first album) than Angela Davis. I change my hair alot so it was beginning to wear on me that it was the same everyday. Hmm...maybe I'll get my retro waves this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.