Sunday, November 9, 2008

What I'm Working On: Your Nature - Take One

When my boyfriend and I first started dating, he wrote about a poem about me, for me. Out of the blue. Yes he's an excellent writer but I was quite surprised. He asked me a few months ago to incorporate the poem into some of my artwork but I haven't quite hit on where I wanted to go. The following piece was my intial idea. My boyfriend smokes cigars so the canvas is actually the wood top of a sliding cigar box.

First I sketched out the drawing with pencil.

Then I wasn't sure how I wanted to color it. So first I went with pencils. I happen to love working with pencils cause I can easily create texture.

I wasn't completely happy so I remembered I had oil pastels and went back in with those.

While I'm mostly happy with the end result (the jaw got messed up), it doesn't quite fit with the poem. So I guess its back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.