Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sweet Sarah Playlist

Somewhere in the late fall of 1998, I discovered Sarah McLachlan and "Surfacing". That haunting voice, the music. I think I played track 5, "Do What You Have To Do", so much I wore it out.

The yearning to be near you, I do what I have to do
The yearning to be near you, I do what I have to do
But I have the sense to recognize that I don’t know how to let you go
I don’t know how to let you go

Those lyrics were filled with such longing. The whole album was great. I used to mix it with my other chick rock favs, Jewel, Sheryl Crow, and that nerdy love song by Lisa Loeb, "Stay".

1. Building A Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
2. I Do - Lisa Loeb
3. Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow
4. Foolish Games - Jewel
5. All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
6. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
7. Do What You Have To Do - Sarah McLachlan
8. The First Cut is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
9. I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan
10. Stay - Lisa Loeb
11. Hands - Jewel
12. My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
13. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
14. Adia - Sarah McLachlan
15. Sweet Surrender - Sarah McLachlan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.