Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hot Chick, Cool Dude


Hot Chick, Cool Dude, originally uploaded by collectiveelements.

I'm experimenting with working with old family photos. These photos of my parents have alot of wear and tear. There are tape marks and damage from the passage of time.

I decided to use one of Lyndsay Riches' Sassy Orange pages because it had a scratchy texture I thought would work well with the flaws in the photos. I also used the eraser tool around the edges of the photos to rough them up a bit more and hide the tape marks.

I used Trebuchet for the description text and Nora Casual for the title text. The matting behind the title is just a transparent layer with a drop shadow. All the font has drop shadow and beveling attached.

Because of the multicolored outfit my mother is wearing and the busy paper I decided to focus on the pictures and not add more to the layout.

Designed 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.