Thursday, September 17, 2009

Now I have to "make" Halloween costumes?

This summer, my daughter has become obsessed with X-Men.  She watches the old cartoons,he new Wolverine and the X-Men, and the new X-men show with the characters as teenagers on Disney.  So of course when I asked what she wanted to be for Halloween, she said Storm.  Now there's no Storm costumes for children...only adults. 
 
So I tried to talk her into something else.  Her only other choice was Lavagirl from the world's crappiest kid movie, Sharkboy and Lavagirl.  I will admit my daughter is an original, lol. 
 
Last year she was Daphne from Scooby Doo.  She's been a mermaid complete with long flowing blond hair, Belle with a formal ballgown and high heel shoes, a crazed killer (we both dressed up that year, lol), a silly bug (again we both dressed up), and one of my favorites, a dinosaur.  But I was always lucky enough to find what I needed in a store.
 
Now Lavagirl has molten lava flowing in her suit.  Between work and school, I don't see me designing that so I guess we will go with her first choice of Storm.  I have a platinum wig from my Halloween costume last year but the problem is the suit.  Storm has many different looks dependent on the TV cartoon, the movies, the toys, or the original comics.  Not only do I have to pick one she likes but I also have to pick one that's easily replicated.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged.